Monday, June 28, 2021

(#4531) I woke so tired this morning but soon remembered that trump isn't gone yet

     So the hot mess that is trump gave a rally this last weekend and I didn't hear much about it at all. Which is a good sign that he isn't in the spotlight like he was anymore. Of course what I heard was that his message is the same about how he is still president and he got cheated. Which is getting to be quite old now and rather boring. So although he is still around stirring the embers of discontent he has been relegated to a lesser stage and much like his followers often ignored and shunned. That is the good news about him this morning and for that I am grateful. Joe Biden has done a masterful job of leading our nation and allowing us time to move on and allow to fade that trump was no such good leader.
     Yet in my soul and body I was reminded once again just how much trump took from me and many others. He tried to wear us down with his constant barrage of mind numbing statements and with his policies that shook the foundation of democracy. When I awoke this morning I was not refreshed from a good night sleep I was weary as if I had been awake all night with worry. The trumps did that to me and I do more than suspect that he did that to most intelligent Americans over the last 4 years. I don't know how long it will take me to bounce back from the trauma of trump but I am older so I expect that I may never bounce back fully.
     The era of trump will be remembered for his nearly successful overthrow of our democracy but lesser know will be the weight of his nefarious agenda that crushed the soul of many a good person who pushed back against him. I for one am tired in my soul and body from the constant attention I had to give to standing firm against his attacks on our nation. He took from me the joy of being alive and in it's place is a caution now that he may or one of his minions may come back at us with greater intensity to destroy what he couldn't. I am weary for sure but I am not done fighting against the forces that would make us lackeys to those who do not hold dear the concept of democracy.

No comments: