Monday, October 3, 2022

(#4992) Hard day today

      Most of us who are born to a Mother who cared for us all of our lives eventually experience her passing. Such was my day last evening. My Mother Joanne lived to be 89 years old and was still on top of things mentally although her physical state was compromised. Her passing yesterday, apparently from a stroke sort of caught me by surprise as she seemed to be as normal as possible given her limited mobility. It isn't so much that I hadn't prepared myself for her eventual passing it is just that when it happened it was out of the blue. She didn't wake up yesterday morning and was labored in her breathing.
     So naturally my Dad, Sister Marie, and nephew Casey called an ambulance and she was rushed to a local hospital. They put her on a respirator because her breathing was too labored and during the day did their protocol to try to ascertain her medical condition. It wasn't until about 7:25 last evening that they removed the respirator and she stopped breathing on her own. My Mom who was one of the nicest persons I ever met was also one of the strongest persons I have ever met. Her will was amazing. If I have learned anything from her over the course of my lifetime it is to never give up. I even half expected her to survive this medical emergency.
     My Mom's father, Carl Morrow also had a stroke that debilitated him for most of his adult life so strokes are not unknown in our family. A huge family we have. Mom left behind 8 children, the eldest Jim Clark who died in 2004. She was also the eldest child of 8 that her mother Elizabeth Morrow brought into the world. Joanne is survived by her 2 sisters, Linda and Betsy, and 2 brothers, Bob and Art. I cannot tell you how many grandchildren my Mother had but it is more than 50 I believe. Then there are all the many great grandchildren. My Mom was the hub of life in our world and her passing leaves a void where no one can fill. My Dad, Bill Hall, who married my Mom when I was nearly 7 years old spent the last 60 plus years married to our Mom and he is naturally heartbroken and will have many of us family members around him for the rest of his life.
     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No words, Carl, are enough to express our feelings of sorrow for such a great woman. You and your family were the lucky ones to have her for such a long fruitful life. Xoxo Maha