Tuesday, October 18, 2022

(#5007) I feel the excitement of a democratic blue wave!

      I have no doubt. Those four words are not easily enunciated after all the disappointments I have felt over the years. Especially in 2016 when trump was installed by the anti democratic electoral college as our president. I felt it in 2000 when the hanging chads of Florida ripped mine and others' hearts out. I remember the deflation when reagan defeated Jimmy Carter in a conjured up attack on Carter. But what disappointment I felt when our man Bobby Kennedy was assassinated during the democratic primary and dick nixon went on to beat a much less formidable candidate, Hubert Humphrey. So I know what disappointment and frustration feel like all too well.
     Yet I also know what over enthusiasm can do when the votes are finally counted. Even when our presidential democratic party candidate has won there was always a letdown in the overall Congressional races. Not always but mostly always. So it isn't easy for me to be without a doubt. Even now when I say I am without a doubt I know that one bad event could change everything in the last 21 days before November 8th. But aside from something horrible occurring I am without a doubt certain that we democrats will hold the House, increase our Senate majority, and take back several State house majorities.     
     That is how confident I am in our noble democratic party and how sure I am about the infections of disloyalty and dishonor that have plagued the republican party. While we democrats are fighting tooth and nail to support democracy, the working middle poor class, and freedom all over the world, the republican party is busy doing the opposite. I know that America can be difficult to understand when things are even keel but not when they are so out of balance. Our nation is topsy turvy at the moment and the only ones who are trying to rectify the upside down dilemma is we democrats. I expect more voters to align with us than with republicans because we Americans are not as mentally inept as we have been known to show in the past.

No comments: