Wednesday, October 5, 2022

(#4994) My old laptop computer is back

      A couple of my keys were displaced on my Toshiba several weeks ago so I had to go out and buy a replacement device. A Gateway notebook was the choice that was reasonably priced to fit my tight budget. It worked fine but didn't have some of the features of my Toshiba, plus the keys were further spread out which played havoc with my intermediary typing skills. Well I sent away to ReplacementLaptopKeys.com and got the new keys that were displaced and my nephew Casey was here and easily installed them for me. He is a bit of a computer geek so I did ask him to do it for me not because I couldn't but because he is much better at the little detail things like this than I am.
     So now here I am typing away on my Toshiba only making a few errors because my fingers are having to adjust back from the Gateway to the Toshiba. I now have a spare computer that I can take if I travel away from home for any period of time. I do try hard to write my daily blog so this will still be a benefit having the extra computer. Now that I know this Toshiba will be working well I just ordered 8 other new keys to replace the ones that are worn down with little or no letters exposed on them. So a refurbishing for a low price is worth it. My fingers are flowing now back into the routine that I had become accustomed.
     With my Mothers recent passing my Dad is going to be having to make some decisions about the rest of his life so whatever he wants to do is what I hope to be able to make happen for him as best I can. It is possible he may want to move back up to Washington state where most of his siblings and a few of his children and grandchildren are and if so I will go with him to truck his belongings with him. I need an adventure if he does decide to do that and would welcome one up in the Seattle area. I lived up there for nearly 20 years and would enjoy seeing the progress the state has made since I left back in 1998. But if not I am well situated now with my Toshiba back in functioning order and am grateful for that.

No comments: