Tuesday, October 11, 2022

(#5000) Milestone post about why I post

      In the beginning of this run of daily postings I wanted to talk about human nature and my take on it. For me the most important thing we can learn while we are alive is who we are as human beings. I have narrowed myself down to 2 things, Compassionate and curious. Sure I am a biological being with physical traits that make me and us by extension unique. But it is what is in our souls and our minds that fuel our evolution. I will add one more minor but nonetheless as important a trait and that is the will to survive. But for me, caring and wondering defines our definition of what it is to be a human. Now you may say to me but what about all the bad stuff we humans exhibit?
     Well I would say to you that when we are not allowing our compassion and curiosity to dominate our lives we become less than ideally human and that is when our more nefarious traits can overrule our better and best traits. Real simple, when we are not living as compassionate and curious we are devolving, not evolving into our true nature. If you think about how much time would be taken up by being compassionate and curious you then should realize that there is no time left for anything other. I know we are not machines that can switch off and on with the flick of a finger, yet we can condition ourselves to keeping to a mindset that not only benefits us individually but collectively.
     So for this 5000th post I just want to reiterate my reason for even starting this blog. To lay out my thinking on what we are as a species and how we go about living like the amazing species we have become. As far as I have been logically and scientifically shown we humans are the most intellectual and enlightened species ever to have existed in our environment. Given this great honor and duty, we are necessarily the stewards of time and space as we know it. Ours is a great responsibility and must be carried out with wisdom and foresight. All the species' on our planet are beholden to what we do for ourselves and by extension for them as well. Such a task we have and we must always live up to the moment.

No comments: