Tuesday, November 22, 2022

(#5042) A diagnosis; not enough humility in the world

     The arrogance that is impervious to humility is just rampant enough to make life miserable for most of us. Those who put in the hard work of learning and being taught difficult concepts and realities most often become the most humble. Why? Because the vastness and differing arrays of knowledge and information overwhelms our senses and makes us realize that we are not much of anything when in context of all things. We learn quickly that we are not much of anything at all and thus humbled to be in the presence of existence. I myself am constantly awed by the latest discoveries and intellectual advancements.
     I am no Einstein nor Socrates but I am in a constant state of wanting to know as much as I can understand. Which makes me humble because others throughout time have given us knowledge that I myself alone would never have been able to ascertain without their ability to conclude. There are some simple logical concepts I could have formulated myself but once the logic gets into the complexity I am just a deer in the headlights kind of being. I know my limitations and that is why I see humility as lacking in the world. There are more who are like me and not even at my simple level who think that they know it all. Which is why arrogance is the dominating attitude instead of humility.
     Their arrogance is based upon fallacies, not logic, but they don't distinguish that from the narrative that fits their world view. Many even know this yet will not change because of some advantage they have with their fallacies. Those would be the conmen/women who selfishly exist in their false world. They have no care to be logically honorable in their standing as long as their illogical standing is validated by those who would benefit them. Too many have given up on reality as the only view of life. It is easier for them to live in a dishonest reality so that they can benefit some way from it when the alternative of actual reality is too hard for their minds to consider.

No comments: