Wednesday, November 23, 2022

(#5043) I know my limitations

      My personal journey through my life has been one of learning new things almost by the hour. Yet sometimes it takes doing something many times over to finally understand that time waits for no one. This comes to my physical being at this point in my life compared to my younger days when life was still mostly ahead of me. I know that life is not guaranteed to anyone but when you are young you do think that way when peace is more prevalent than war. The thing is that lately for sure I have found the physical boundaries I must exist within if I am to continue to live. I have pushed myself at rates more indicative of me being in my forties than now me being in my later 60's. Which has begun to ring some alarm bells in my health.
     I have no doubt that all who reach a certain age hit this metaphorical wall and then must tell themselves that habits and desires must be tempered to whatever degree is appropriate. I am in the midst of that defining bubble. If I am truly being honest though I have to say that I have been preparing for this over the last decade. Especially with my home needing so much work done before I am not able to do the labor myself. I have decades of professional building experiences behind me so knowing how to do what needs to be done here is not in question, but me actually being able to do the work is. So I have gotten most all of the rough work done and now it is just the finishing aspect of it.
     I am expecting to be able to do less over a longer period of time to finish and that is okay. I feel like I have gotten all I could out of myself before the winnowing down of my physical schedule. When I look out over my property and see how far I have come over the last 10 years I am a bit satisfied. For me who didn't have much money this whole adventure has been purposeful. If I had what I needed I could have gotten this all done in months not many years. Yet that wasn't my reality so I did what I needed to do. Now I am sitting here reflecting on my accomplishments and feeling okay about my progress. I want to travel a bit soon but there is still a little that needs my care and that is what I will do.
     

No comments: