Thursday, December 15, 2022

(#5065) The daily trudge

      This is how many see life. Not very inspiring when starting the day off is somewhat a downer. Yet pushing or being pulled ahead is the only way I know how to get out of the trudge. When I was younger even then I felt the weight of life on my shoulders but at least I had my youth with the vigor and hubris that provided to dream big dreams for my life. Now that I am older it is harder to motivate myself without much of a future left to live. So how do I do it? I look beyond the trudge and remember that many of my contemporaries are not here any longer. I figure I am lucky to still draw breath. I move beyond the trudge by default I guess. I will take it.
     There are so many who have pretty much given up on living with a hope that it is sad and demoralizing. Not for me. I still feel the weight of the the world but not as an incumbrance but as a duty. Even if it makes life hard the living of life needs to go on. We get to be alive only one time in this existence so taking every minute it offers and being a force for the better and best is the only path to take. This may sound somewhat optimistically philosophical and in general it is part of it but not the gist of it. I am a person who accepts reality for all its positives and negatives. I don't steer my life away from the good and bad of it. I accept it and will work hard within it to not only survive but to thrive.
     So trudge or not the attitude I bring into my daily life exceeds the gravitational and emotional forces pulling me down. We live a long life and in that living we make relationships that are important to us. When time takes those relationships from us we often may become so full of despair we forget that life is not our choice, it was given to us with the hard truth of limited time and space. When we keep seeing the overall picture we can get past our heartbreaks and disappointments to continue to live with a purpose and a zeal. My daily trudge is only temporary when it hits because I remember that I am not done living out all my opportunities.00

No comments: