Saturday, December 17, 2022

(#5067) My phone protocol

      I am just fine not hearing my phone ring but when I do if I don't know the number I don't answer it. If there is a voicemail left then good because I will listen to that but if not then what likely will happen is I will block the number from calling me again. In this day and age of marketing and donation solicitation I have no tolerance for unsolicited approaches. My phone to me is for my personal use and emergencies for the most part. Like I just said though, if I get a message from someone who needs to speak to me about something related to me then I will return the call or if a past acquaintance wants to reenter my life then that may be worthy of returning a call depending upon the message.
     But with so much marketing and solicitation going on I have no seconds of my life to waste on them. I give where I can and shop as needed. I don't need to be prompted into opening my already slim wallet for others who don't know my personal economic limitations. Sometimes there are emergencies that I need to address but at my choosing and not on some others timing. It is rare to have someone other than anyone I know contact me about an emergency but it does happen and even more rare since it hasn't happened that an emergency so time sensitive won't allow me to hear a voicemail first before returning a call.
     I suppose I am trying to say that not every phone call has to be answered. Nor does every phone call need to be returned. I don't set my stock in life waiting for phone calls. I am too busy otherwise and my limited time left is valuable. I am not one to chit chat as a necessity. Honestly I don't care what happens in the day to day lives of others but I do care about them being able to function in life to do what they want. Our own pursuit of happiness isn't contingent on whether we answer the phone but instead on whether we are happy in our pursuit. I don't answer my phone if I don't know the number and that makes me happy. :)

No comments: