Monday, December 19, 2022

(#5069) Last day of High School 1973 and two pranks

      So last day of high school at Norte Del Rio in Sacramento, I was the only one in Mr. Thomas's science class because it was an off period for him. So I take the skeleton out of the display case and put it in Mr. Thomas's chair at his desk. I also take his windbreaker that was on the back of the chair and put it on the skeleton. For the final finish I waited until I could see Mr. Thomas walking down the hall toward his classroom before lighting a Marlboro red cigarette in the skeleton's clinched teeth. I quickly shifted myself out of the window but not before Mr. Thomas called my name as I slid out. I slowly walked back around to the front door of the classroom where Mr. Thomas was waiting to give me an admonishment lets call it. So he then marched me down to the principals office where he was going to tell the principal to hold my graduation. On the way there though I was really worried so I pleaded with Mr. Thomas while truly explaining that it was just a respectful prank on my part albeit disrespectful prank as he explained he viewed it. About halfway there he stopped and actually laughed and said get out of here with a smile. he pranked me right back didn't he? All throughout my schooling from Kindergarten on I had great teachers. They were not my friends but they were kind and friendly. They didn't treat any of us different nor did they treat us as special. The whole of my life has been centered on what and how I was taught both by my teachers and my parents. I was a lucky soul to have had people as teachers who not only cared about what they were teaching but in how they successfully got the gist of the lessons out to the vast majority of us.

No comments: