Tuesday, December 27, 2022

(#5077) I won't be posting on facebook for the next 30 days

      I won't be posting on facebook for at least the next 30 days according to the message I have been given by them. I reposted a comment on another persons page that was this. "Kyiv sending message to PUTIN we are bombing your military bases & Engels air base ….. we can hit MOSCOW soon". I can see how this may be seen as a threat to someone or someplace yet in the context of war it is not something to be censored. Yet facebook cannot distinguish between a war time post and a peace time post. I had a previous run in with facebook about the issue of the word b o m b but it seems that I didn't remember that. so here I am gratingly irritated that facebook continues to censor without redress.
     If I were a politician I would be after facebook to reorganize it's censoring algorithm and employ more people to mitigate appeals. I have to be able to speak the truth of things without having to tippy toe around "words" that are within the bounds of describing wartime actions. That facebook is making a real attempt to stifle free speech with little care as to how they do it is bothersome and unconstitutional in my viewpoint. I have no intent to harm or invoke such only to relay information that is relevant to our current events. To shut ones eyes to reality because of a fear of something else is to undermine solutions and creative thought.
     This post is my rant about the 30 day suspension and although I could care less about not being on facebook in this moment it is important to stand up against them for being careless at best or outright dastardly at worst. I will over the next 30 days look into other platforms for my discussions and if I find an outlet that is convenient and less unappreciative of my search for truth and voicing it within bounds of the context of it then I will move to a better place than facebook.

1 comment:

mothernatureearthmom said...

Well that sucks. Let us know if you find a new home to post in.