Wednesday, July 26, 2023

(#5288) I am going to have a good day

     I have a plan that begins with me going slow and easy today. I am in no rush to set any records or be the best at everything. I am just going to cruise through my day with little expectation except to finish what tasks are assigned to me. No speed records, no hurried steps, just cool and chill today despite the hot temperatures. It is not normal for me to be cool and chill as a strategy so today I will try it on. I don't usually rush to get things done but I don't go slow either. I want to enjoy my day, every minute of it and taking my time to perform my duties is my new plan. When I look around me at work I see all of us trying to accomplish the never ending routines of our days with little joy.
     I don't want that today for me. I want to be happy inside and out but not so much that anyone would think I was slacking. I just am not going to hurry anything. I can be excused for being a little slow as I am mostly all of 67 years old and soon to be 68. My time on Earth here is getting lesser each day so me doing something to enhance my senses by not rushing makes good sense to me. I doubt anyone will be expecting me to set any world land speed records today anyway. Later after work I will be going by the hospice care facility to see my older brother John and share some memories with him.
     I just want to have a different kind of day today where everything I do is slow and deliberate. Taking in all my responsibilities with clarity and thoroughness. My inner clock will no doubt be my biggest obstacle to having a comprehensive day where all my choices are considered with deliberation. But I will attempt to overcome my own normal behavior of getting things done in more a rush mode. I am tired physically and rushing is not helping me to balance out my physical and mental fatigue. With my brother John now in a care home and not here has seen my blood pressure averages decrease back into a good range. So I would like my workday to do the same for my blood pressure. A nice easy day while also remaining productive.

No comments: