Trial and error made up a lot of my life. When I was younger and couldn't get necessary advice from others I had to try to figure things out on my own. Trial and error was my course because back then we didn't have the world wide web for research. So as I began to try to deal with bullying for example I would try to avoid the confrontations. That only worked until I was caught out and then I cowered and allowed myself to be humiliated. The shame and utter feeling of cowardice permeated everything afterwards. So I had to change my response. Instead of weakening at the knees I attacked. Soon I found that the bullies ignored me because I wouldn't let them have their way with me.
At first my attacking was miserable in that I was emotional and flailing about with disregard to any technique. But initially that worked. But I knew I would need to learn how to put my dukes up with some strategy. So I learned. Not just how to attack but how to defend. Fighting is the complete package when learning. How to ward off shots while also making shots of my own. I am no pugilist at heart but when the fighting time comes I know I am prepared as it were. I was thinking about my early days of being bullied and there were plenty of them because back then I hadn't made up my mind to fight back. I was scared and hated the idea of not only being hurt but of hurting anyone else.
But I grew to know that not fighting back was a much worse outcome. So when the bullies come into my life either foolishly or through psychotic tendencies, I stand up to them! It is still scary as it should be but I am no mark to be hit without a fight. The same pattern is within our current politics. The bullies come into our safe spheres and threaten us with behaviors and actions that either cower us or rile us up. I am well into the riled up paradigm and it doesn't matter to me the danger when I sense a greater importance. Much like Nathan Hale and his "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.", I am here to fight against the loathsome who would take from us our opportunity to pursue our happiness.
This blog will be an advocate for compassion, curiosity and human survival. When these elements of human nature are being denied, wholly, severally or individually, less than positive human traits are the outcome. It is my wish and hope that my reasonings on a variety of subjects will provide the readers of this blog with personal and public insights. My only motive is to provide a forum for advancing enlightenment. Carl Clark.
Monday, August 3, 2026
(#6392) I made myself learn how to fight because I got tired of getting my ass kicked!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment