Saturday, August 22, 2026

(#6411) 74 days until the election...

      I am going to be optimistic in this post. I usually at best am cautious about our eventual outcome this November 3rd after all the polls are closed. Yet, the feeling inside me is abundantly clear, we are going to wipe out republicans on every level of governorship. From local school boards to county executive offices to state legislatures and state executive offices to Congressional seats. The whole gamut of political positions will be affected by the coming blue wave. Why am I being positive? Because this change of preference from republican to democrat has been going on since just after trump was elected.
     I am not embellishing here. The constant wins by democrats in traditionally close state races and even in republican held positions over long periods of time. The once safe districts republicans could always count on to win are now either lost or in jeopardy of becoming lost. There really is no safe red state anymore. Sure, some republicans in deep red pockets of voters will win but they won't win by margins they have become accustomed. The flip has been building since many realized trump had no intention of keeping some of his really important promises. Many within the maga movement are unfazed by his broken promises but those who gave him the benefit of the doubt are now as angry about him as the rest of us who knew his treachery and voted against him.
     The switch has not been sudden but it has been steadily growing with each passing day. The numbers don't lie when gauging his popularity and policies. He is barely able to keep a third of the population on his side. With each passing day now until the election his popularity is still dropping! Where it will end up when the voting time comes will be reflected in the final counted vote for republicans. That will be the true gauge of his value to we the people. In that light and with the time remaining I cannot see him reversing the downward spiral of his and the republican party's inevitable humiliating defeat. I will still remain overall cautious about how this will end but logic within reality offers no other truth!

No comments: