In four weeks Pennsylvania begins early voting in the midterm election. 28 days and it begins. I cannot tell you how happy I am to know that trump's voter suppression bill failed. I cannot tell you how happy I feel about the democratic momentum that is sweeping our country. Just know that inside me when I think about the start of our election beginning I feel transformed. Not in despair but in hope. I know to always temper my hope with caution but the feeling inside me is welcome. The time for trump to change anything untoward is disappearing. That doesn't mean he won't pull off some desperate attempt but it does mean the clock is ticking down with him in his anxious pitiful state.
I have seen enough evidence lately to remind me trump still has his pockets of support that to me is astonishing given his actions. Yet he is like a cult figure to many and they won't let a little thing like reality interfere with their adulation of him. Yet some are and they are speaking out to those around them and causing some fracturing within his base. He is still around 30% supported by Americans which to me is ghastly. How could that many still not see what the vast majority of us see? It is not a promising view of our future when around a third of us are so incapable of being a respectable human being. We are not the great civilization we think we are although about two thirds of us really want to be.
If it were possible to give trump a truth serum and then ask him to list his crimes only then would his cult begin to understand. Anything short of trump admitting his guilt in his many crimes would his cult turn from him. The lies, the deceptions, the grift, the total lack of empathy toward the human experience outside his own orbit is clear. He may keep trying to mask all these mental deficiencies but there is too much evidence now in the public realm for him to fool anyone clearly outside his cult. That trump will continue to exhibit his barbarism toward humanity is fact. So over the next 4 weeks and more we just need to weather the storm and then vote like cultbusters for our own future beyond him!
This blog will be an advocate for compassion, curiosity and human survival. When these elements of human nature are being denied, wholly, severally or individually, less than positive human traits are the outcome. It is my wish and hope that my reasonings on a variety of subjects will provide the readers of this blog with personal and public insights. My only motive is to provide a forum for advancing enlightenment. Carl Clark.
Monday, August 17, 2026
(#6406) 78 days until the election...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment