Wednesday, August 5, 2026

(#6394) I am a nearly 71 year old progressive liberal

      I am not one of the corporate democrats that have been tempering our party from establishing full liberal policies. I want universal healthcare. I want livable wages from large corporations and companies along with a much higher minimum wage. I want it made easier to vote than harder. On that subject the Tuesday of national elections should be a full national holiday. I want our education system to grant anyone willing to continue their higher education far more opportunities to do so along with trade schooling. I want an overhaul of our current political allowances with public funding of elections and shorter periods of campaigning.
     I want territories that are ready and willing to become States within our Union to be able to do so with a process that helps them instead of ignores them. I want our national policies concerning democracy to be bolstered as top priorities for engagement. I want us to spend our progressive tax contributions that we should receive fairly in improving society and the world instead of focusing on militarization. I want to preserve our planet by developing and installing new technology to replace the planet and atmosphere harming post industrialization techniques. I want our constitution to protect equality, while also restoring equality of human rights wherever and however they are unabridged.
     Our politics has become corruptible witnessed by this current administration. Laws governing participation and behavior within our elected positions need to be written within honorable and principled intent. All these few items I have listed throughout this post are critical to the liberal progressive vision. There are many more and as time will allow when we do take back the reins of our democracy we will be able to articulate and present them for policy advances. I am not one of these jackals who sees our human being future through the eyes of lesser selfish traits. I have always been a progressive liberal because it ensures not only the mind of our species but the heart of it as well!

No comments: