Wednesday, August 19, 2026

(#6408) 77 days until the election...

      What we are seeing is that a growing number of previous trump voters with a conscience are finally turning away from him. Surely at first they believed his defense of his actions as just politics by the left. Nothing to see hear just keep trusting me was his slogan. But as time and the offences he has committed and the ones he is currently committing have worn down many of his previous voters to the point where now they are undecided and many are jumping off the fence to vote with democrats. It isn't a seismic shift in allegiance from trump but it is a steady albeit stream of discordance attitude that is translating into democratic votes.
     What used to worry me in an elections like this, where the democratic wave had built over time, was nearing the voting time some dramatic event would undercut our wave and give republicans a boost just before the election. I don't feel that this time. Instead I think that these last few weeks are actually going to grow our blue wave election to even higher proportions. Because trump cannot change who he is. He is a creature of monstrous inclinations. He doesn't know how to help those who are not him and his wealthy donors. He is also not prone to accepting sound advice if it interferes with his ego. In other words he will get even worse as a human being as the voting time comes.
     I am still precautious about our chances this midterm but overall I am much calmer about it. Don't get me wrong here, I am steadfast in my resolve to see our democratic wave crush this midterm. But I don't feel the anxiety as in past elections. Possibly because trump has worn it out of me or more likely because he has really stepped in it and there is no getting the stink off his shoes. For the next 77 days though we democrats must continue to do our outreach and hone our policies to fit the narrative that we the people demand of our leaders. As for republicans they will continue to be about nothing and call us every name in the book to make themselves seem less offensive. It isn't working and that is for me a contentment I haven't felt since he was reinstalled into our lives!

No comments: