Thursday, July 11, 2019

Keep doing the next right thing (#3814)

     This is a simple reminder of how to live life. It isn't about wealth or fame, it is about being successful at whatever you find important in life. It works for me as a guide to choose what I do next. If you like yourself then this is a perfect way to keep liking yourself. If you don't like yourself then reflect on what it is about yourself that you don't like and stop doing that. Nothing is easy and neither is stopping doing whatever it is that makes you miserable or unhappy. As in all things it is a moderate way to go about living but it is exactly needed to maintain a balance in life.
     I have to think about the cost of living here in America as well as the cost on humans in the misery department. I do what I can to alleviate the misery around me but I also must maintain my lowly position in life. A balance. I can only do what is within my power despite the knowledge I have that grinds on my soul. If I could snap my fingers and put everyone in a better place in life I would. If I could give to those who have none and lift up those who struggle mightily only to be denied equality of opportunity I would.
     There is nothing in life more important that all of us having the same opportunities to succeed from our starting points. It is egregious to me that there are those out there who only think of themselves and give no thought to what they are doing to others. I cannot make them think like a decent human being but I can do that for me and as such I do. I do the next right thing that keeps my life in order and makes a small difference in the lives of others. It is what I can do and I don't stop doing it because of something that isn't the next right thing.

No comments: