Wednesday, July 31, 2019

People who refuse to consider science (#3834)

     I just had a conversation with a fellow who used what he knew about science to argue that climate change is just natural. I said well what about CO'2s? He said well the Earth went into cycles before and always came back. I said well the Earth didn't have man made CO2's as a factor back then. He just sort of refused to believe the science around greenhouse gases and the major effect they have on heating the planet. It was an incomplete argument on his side to use what little of science he had that validated in his mind that global warming was no big deal while refusing to admit that science also tells us that we humans are destroying our planet, https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
     The thing about it is that we don't need to do that to ourselves. The smartest thing to do in order to reduce CO2's and other greenhouse gases is to quit burning fossil fuels. So why would anyone but a wealthy coal or oil baron be fighting to save dirty energy? If even a chance existed that the science is right then why not promote green energy instead? Some people are fighting so hard against science that it makes me wonder what their motivation is. I suppose if trump is against science then they feel like they need to be as well. I just don't get this blind allegiance at a grave cost.
     So anyway I again talked about how our atmosphere is trapping in heat instead of letting it dissipate out into space. But all he could talk about is the current temperatures being less warm than 20 years ago. Which them leaves me talking about temperature and not climate. I finally just walked away telling him to check the science. That's all I can do when they don't want to stop using dirty energy which they have no stake in at all. It just boggles my mind how sheepish some of us can be when we don't remain objective and then spew out talking points that have nothing to do with the science of global warming. Again, I just shake my head!

No comments: