Thursday, July 4, 2019

Celebrate our true American patriots (#3807)

     The travesty of trumps and their parade for themselves notwithstanding, the real American patriots like George Washington, Nathan Hale, Mary Draper, Samuel Adams, John Paul Jones etc..., https://www.american-revolutionary-war-facts.com/American-Revolution-Hero-Facts/American-Revolution-Hero-Facts.shtml. need to be remembered this day. All those gallant young men and women who risked their lives against a repressive British Monarchy determined to see them all hanged. All those brave colonial fighters for independence who died for the right of all of us today to call ourselves Americans.
     These are the heroes of our heritage and nothing short of honoring them this day will ever cross my mind. When I look at our flag I think of Betsy Ross who created the first iteration of it. I especially think of George Washington and his leadership in the most grueling and cruel times of war for our freedom. No less important to me is Nathan Hale. A young man who gave to his country the ultimate sacrifice as a spy for our intelligence gathering and his uttering of the sentiment that to this day is the most precious verbiage to the spirit of our cause, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
     Paul Revere's ride to warn of the British invasion, Thomas Jefferson's vision of our Declaration of Independence. Benjamin Franklin's steady hand in securing the signatures to our declaration of independence from the 13 states and getting Marquis Lafayette from France to militarily help secure our victory over Great Britain. These are the thoughts in my head today. Not some coward who ditched his chance to prove his mettle in battle. Today is an honor to those who are real patriots and their struggle to give us this celebrative memorial today, and it is to there sacrifice that I swear any allegiance.

No comments: