Sunday, November 24, 2019

We are still out of sorts (#3949)

     Try as I may I cannot shake the uncomfortable feeling I live with because of trumps. They have infected my soul with their never ending corruption and hatred of our American democracy. It is as if I am diseased by their very existence. I wish I were exaggerating but unfortunately I am not. Never before in my knowing has a longer period of pure disdain existed within my emotions for anything this infamous. The appointed trump and his lack of administering democracy is grating at the very heart of my soul. For me to wish anything, and I mean anything positive for him and his cabal of grifters, liars and idiots is long passed. I am one to give decent people chances to correct misbehavior but not with the willfully incomprehensible.
     There is a distinction in our species of those who see what we can do together and those who would never have such a thought. I had not thought that was true but it is correct isn't it? Some will never become fully human in the sense of knowing empathy and remorse. They only have their own inhumane sense of what is acceptable and with them that is fluid depending upon the circumstance. Luckily they are a minority and not the many. The rest of us see the hope in recognizing that we are all equal in our rights and opportunities. We get the message of the melting pot and instead of cowering from it like trumps we embrace it as our own.
     But for now with the trumps demeaning and condescending to anything that doesn't stand for greed and prejudice, we are left with muddling through to the time when we can put an end to trump and his ilk. I for one am counting each hour now instead of days because I have to find ways to fortify my own values lest they devolve into the retribution I so want to unleash. But for that ability to constrain myself there would be no difference between me and what trumps represent to the world. The time will come either in my own passing or the end of this insanity we are disgraced with and when that time comes, if I survive, maybe I will find that my "sorts" have come back into their proper place.

No comments: