Thursday, November 7, 2019

Our youth will save our democracy! (#3933)

     Those of us who are a bit longer in the tooth need to support our youth with all we have if they are going to succeed in protecting our democracy. In my mind there is no question that we the older ones cannot do it ourselves without the youth lifting us up. So here is the deep point of my post here, let them choose their path and then let us support them to do that. I keep hearing all these critiques of candidates who are not worthy of our vote running in the democratic primary. Well it isn't about us it is about what our youth see as there way forward. I will not utter a peep about who should be our candidate because I am not the one who will live under their policies and agendas for the next several decades, our youth will though.
     I had my youth already and the powers that be and the republican party took my choices away with the assassinations of both John and Robert Kennedy, as well as the possible later run for president by Martin Luther King. So now that this era of youth is of age and willing to vote for their candidates I am with them in whomever becomes our nominee. No matter who it is because our youth will decide who stays for the battle against trump. I will do all I can to support whomever comes out of our nominating process. My choice for the most progressive pragmatic candidate is whomever our youth finally agree on, period!
     It is our youth's destiny that I am fighting for and hopefully the rest of us longer living souls will be of the same mind. We must trust our youth to take us home with dignity as they trust their own knowledge that their future will affect their children's best interests. It is past time for us older ones to stop trying to get our way when that boat has already sailed. We need to get out of the way of our youth and let them show us just how intelligent and kind they are. If we keep trying to run the show we will find that our youth will go back to ignoring the demands of our democracy and republicans are just waiting for that!

No comments: