Friday, November 1, 2019

Keep doing the next right thing (#3927)

     Nowhere in my life is there room for doing something out of step with the right thing. It, the right thing, has become my pattern. Surely I am not perfect and often catch myself acting or thinking differently than the next right thing but not with intentionality. Now some may say that my political views are not the right thing but I say back to them show me where any political policy or idea I agree with harms anyone other than those who would do harm. Please, show me and I will proudly defend my hope for all of us, not just some of us.
     So many in life are still looking for a purpose for their lives and given my experience with looking for a purpose let me say that helping anyone besides yourself is so much a powerful purpose as to dwarf anything else in existence. We, most all of us wonder why we are here in this existence but I say despite the why of it all there is the fact that we are here and what we do with this time does carry value. As we have seen with republicans like trump they don't hold to not harming others or to living by the next right thing credo. So if you want all the parts of who you are, your mind, body and soul to mesh into a harmonious coexistence then keep doing what is respectfully ethical, and morally objective.
     The time for playing fast and loose around the parameters of what we know as either right or wrong is nothing but a waste of time and leaves no good trail to follow. I am not one to push a particular philosophy on anyone but if we do no harm and allow our natures of curiosity and compassion to guide our lives we cannot fail to live to our fullest with purpose and little regret. I don't hold to any religious dogma or hoped for heaven but I do know I live here in reality and how I live is my example of fulfilling my own living destiny. That is plenty enough for me but in truth I wish we could have gone further into our space and time dominated Universe before my time to end draws upon me.

No comments: