Friday, September 11, 2020

53 days left until the election (#4241)

      Strange day today. the anniversary commemoration of the Twin Tower bombings and the other airplanes used as missiles. Much like with Pearl Harbor this day isn't easy to reflect upon. Yet for the last 7 months we have had 67 times the deaths of each one of those earlier infamous events. So living with approximately 1000 deaths a day from the trump virus, Covid-19, has inured us to the shock and horror of it all. So as I sit here at my desk I wonder if I will ever be back in a world where even the slightest injustice will again be outrageous instead of just another day under trump. My mind tells me that I cannot fathom the cruelty and inhumanity that republicans and trump try to instill in us. Yet my heart beats so heavily as to shake the foundations of my soul.
     We are all worse off because of trump. What he has accomplished to do is to bring us down from our better and best natures to a place where depravity and injustice are common place. I have been posting about how many days are left for us to vote and change the course of not only our political lives but our moral and ethical ones as well. Before trump was able to become our appointed president I had a real sense of duty and a desire to be as helpful a person as I have ever been. Yet when trump were put in office I began a years long deterioration from a vision of growth and knowledge to a place where idiocy, greed, and harm conjure the future.
     Today should be spent in reverence to those who were taken away because of the worst of what a human can do but instead I am also filled the daily depressing thought that more will die today that didn't have to die. The trumps own this time and place in history as the worst of what humans can be. I am bone weary from their endless assault but I am still alive therefore ready and able to stand up to them. This time will soon come to an end with November 3rd. just around the corner but in the meantime we must keep our sense of humanity intact and remember that the worst of who we are is not what gets us to being the best of who we are. Only our care for each other can do that and until trumps are gone the care will not become reality.

No comments: