Thursday, May 20, 2021

I know how my life began and I know how my life is at nearly the end (#4492)

      No, I don't know the secret of life, just how I felt when I was starting out in life. Which is what I am saying about how my life is now at the far end of it. Nothing has changed except the information and experiences gained in between. I didn't know how life would entertain me if I survived my formative years, which like most of us growing up during our generation, for certain questioned. I can think of at least 100 times I put my own life in jeopardy not counting what others did that could have done the same. But how I understand and feel within my skin hasn't changed just my outlook on it. When I was younger I was idealistic with hubris. Today I am still idealistic but with less hubris as reality has disappointed me with it's showing of indifference.
     But be that as it may be though, I am still enthusiastic but with less actual action. I didn't change over time in how I feel, I just, if anything, physically mellowed out a bit. I have the same dreams and same desires that followed me through my formative years and for that I am grateful to have maintained my vigor and life momentum. No matter the outcome of things in my life I am well prepared to accept them regardless the effect. So maturity for sure has been gifted me and maybe just a smidge of wisdom as well. I did survive my early years and that is a plus. I had been privileged as well considering what others are going through in our current and past history.
     Now let me be clear here. I am in no way saying that my life is about to end or anything like that but to have survived nearly 66 years so far I do get that I am vulnerable to any and all life decaying scenarios. Yet I endure to keep plugging along with my happiness such as it is given the one true happiness I yearn for has eluded me so far. However, my horizon is clear and wide with a panoramic view of what is to come if I only would slow down to enjoy it. Which is what I am trying to do these days. I am in no rush to change the world like before trump was still the appointed one but I am still engaged to help make sure no such trump ever again is allowed such privilege in our lives.

No comments: