Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Keeping my emotion separate from my logic (#4476)

      This has always been a tough one for me as a guy who mostly wore his emotions on his sleeve. Yet over the years I have become a bit harder in that I don't let emotion dictate nor define my whole life. Instead I consider the logic of my life and apply the emotion to lessons learned. Being a dual person like most all of us are who must live with both our emotion and logic often at odds is a battle. Yet the battle can be and is being controlled more by myself with the logical side of me in relation to disappointment and unfairness as perceived.
     I have grown to building an overview perspective that of course still has the emotion in it but it also has coping mechanisms that rationalize the effects of whatever emotion materializes. Gone are the days of "oh whoa is me" reactions and instead there is a reflective action that compartmentalizes the totality of the occurrence into an understanding state. Seeing all the good and bad of a changing dynamic is a systematic way for me to accept and move on from one failure to another hope. So I keep trying to find the best in life as well as adapt to the often too many sad endings that come my way. It has been awhile since I last had a gut punch effect in my life and if the present is any indication it may never happen again.
     Yet if it does I am prepared to heal and move on from any and all sadness. I just wanted to post about this because it was a lifetime of learned experiences that allowed me to solve this issue with myself. I can fully engage in a relationship that I think is worthy without the fear of what happens if it doesn't work out. It won't matter because I am prepared either way. So should we all be in our pursuit of personal happiness. We humans are an amazing species and the life we live should never be constrained by how we don't handle our conclusions when they are emotionally painful.

No comments: