Thursday, May 6, 2021

Watching republicans implode (#4478)

      I have no position on what the republican party is doing to itself. First off I have never liked or needed republican policies in my lifetime. The republican party since nixon has done nothing for the working middle poor class nor for the health of our planet. So their current infighting has nothing to do with me since I want them to disappear off our political landscape. Then a more centrist democratic party could contend with a green party or some progressive party that pushes us toward a more equal democracy instead of toward a more authoritarian one like with the current republican anti democratic party.
     So my response to those who want me to come down on one side or another over the republican infighting I just say no, I just want some popcorn and to watch them destroy themselves. They have nothing for me so I have nothing for them. Take for example the current liz cheney battle with her republican leadership position. She is taking the high road and demanding that her republican party denounce the trump lies. She is being overwhelmed by her republican colleagues who accept the trump lies as truth. So her high ranking position in the republican party is jeopardized. Will she be ousted? It looks like it and then the republican party will further be melding itself to the trump fantasy.
     All the accolades that are going toward cheney and even romney are a bit short sided since both have been staunch republicans their whole lives. Which means they have voted to deny working middle poor class folks the equality of opportunity and equal rights in our democracy. So just because they are standing up to the trumps does not make them good people, just a tiny bit less horrible people than the trumps which still makes them horrible people. So don't go putting either of them on some hallowed ground for admitting that truth is above lies because every democrat I know has been doing that since our infancy. Which brings me back to my subject, popcorn anyone?

No comments: