Saturday, February 12, 2022

(#4759) I am not perfect but I endeavor to be as perfect as possible

      I had not been that way for some parts of my life and if you want to talk about regrets. there you go. But for the majority of my life I have been trying to be as perfect as possible in every way. I rarely am perfect and I can accept that because it isn't from a lack of trying. More to do with being incapable in many areas of my life yet that is not an end all to it. Much like being in denial but not quite, I do try to do better than before regardless if it only reaches a near state of perfection. In other words I keep trying with a slightly different approach than the last failed attempt.
     What I have gained in my failures to be perfect is a consistency in being the better and best to my capabilities and that is some comfort. I am not like many who just see this existence as a means to profit or control. I want to know stuff that I don't know. I want to help where I can help. I want to feel the feeling of accomplishment even if it isn't done in a perfect way. Best way to describe me is as one of the good guys. I have a conscience and a set of principles that allow me the privilege of not lying, not cheating, and not stealing in all situations. Again, I am not perfect but I keep trying to be as an intent, not as a default.
     I wish all the rest of the souls on this planet were as vigilant and committed to being the best human being possible. Where our natures of compassion and curiosity are highlighted and not denigrated as weak and irrelevant. If we all were set in our ways to be heroes instead of often times bystanders and villains. If we cared about our understanding of the skin we live within and the amazing fact of our existence in an environment that is not only full of possibilities but is full of other species that amaze and enlighten us. A universe that beckons us with a pathway of intellect to navigate it. The unimaginable has yet to be known and all we have to do as human beings is to let the better and best of our natures drive us toward being as perfect as we strive to be.

No comments: