Monday, January 2, 2023

(#5083) Doing good Samaritan things beats capitalism for the sake of capitalism

      I am not going to rust nowadays instead I am keeping busy with my house and yard while also doing good deeds for people without. I have tried to lighten my load by doing a whole bunch of nothing but that isn't who I am. I need to be busy doing something of value because that is my choice. Not value to me except the feeling of accomplishment but of value to others to show them that there is still some people in this world who are not in it for capitalism. I don't need much to survive and I live thusly. So when opportunities come where I am in a position to do for others who don't have what few luxuries I have then I jump to attention.
     I wish the wealthy would understand this because they are in a far better position to help people who are without than I am. But if those of us who are not wealthy still find the time to help others then at least we are not like the slacker wealthy who only seem to want to make more money or control lives that are not theirs. They are in the quantity business and those like us are in the quality business. Quality of life is far superior than accumulating quantity. I know I kind of mixed that up a bit but the point is clear enough. So today I was again doing my part to make someone else's life better and in this case helped out another through it. Plus I got a bit of value for all the effort. A win, win, win. It rarely works out that way but when it does the feeling is exceptionally good.
     Money is a means for barter and trade whereas relationships built on happiness and good will are of more value to me. Not all are like me in this instance but that is their hill to climb. No judgement but a lesson to be learned is in the telling of it. One final thought about the Samaritan approach to living is that what is expressed out through giving when possible is an inner reflection of what is inside. There is no chaos nor presumption of ulterior motive. It is raw and real, to help when help is needed is not a strategy nor a future chip for something else. It is done and then forgotten because the next opportunity to help someone is coming down the road and I need to be aware of it.

No comments: