Wednesday, January 4, 2023

(#5085) Taking care of our pets

      Yesterday I learned my dog Billy needs two teeth removed and some minor surgery on a cyst that he scratched open. A thousand bucks worth of work. I am of limited income so my first reaction was one of a little despair. I always knew in the back of my mind that something concerning my 4 animals would jump up some time and make itself known. So I was not taken aback by the estimation of the work I was just saddened a bit because the cost has a real affect on me. Well I have ways of taking care of the costs and as of this morning began one of those ways. I expect I have done what is needed but a small loan from one of my credit cards is a responsible decision.
     I don't want to wait for other options to emerge because I don't want my Billy to have to be uncomfortable any longer than necessary. This short term loan will be paid off quickly reducing the effect of the decent interest rate I was able to secure. I don't like having to pay for things on credit or with loans but sometimes the unexpected needs a different approach. I love my dog Billy and anything that hurts him hurts me. I have had him for 10 years now since I got him from the dog pound. He was 2 1/2 years old then so he is getting up in age but despite his age he is still a rambunctious long haired Chihuahua rabble rouser. :)
     I will make sure his diet is less difficult to eat with two of his teeth coming out and for about a week he will have to wear a collar to protect himself from his own scratching on his cheek where the cyst was. I have asked around and find that the cost of the surgeries is low compared to what others have experienced. My Veterinarian is a good guy whom I have been with since he first went into business. We have shared some heartache over pets of mine he could not save from debilitating injuries. I think he understands that I don't have a lot of money and that I care about my animals. All in all I expect Billy will be fine soon and for that I am so very grateful.
     

No comments: