Friday, January 13, 2023

(#5093) remember to post Carl!

      It is not as if I am busy or too preoccupied with doing as little as possible. It is that I am just not remembering. I even left the tab open so I could help my memory but I never did sit down at my computer after initially leaving it early yesterday morning. If I had I would have seen the open tab and acted accordingly. No excuses because this really is all voluntary anyway and for the most part an exercise on my part to do what is very difficult as it is. To write everyday somewhere above 250 words on a subject that I come up with that is either important to me or is some current or random thought crossing my mind.
     I usually write about politics but have chosen to stay away from that since the republican party has been able to gerrymander their way into the House majority. It grieves me to know that the American electorate is aware of the republican unfair and unjust ploy yet still chose to vote for them. Not only that they insurrected our Capitol and are not being shunned or banned from office. It really sickens me to think that our electorate is as selfish and brutish as the republican party now undeniably represents. So politics for me right now is like crud I would wish to wipe from my shoes. Our Presidency and Senate are the only good saving graces at the moment on the federal level and the uptick in democratic leadership in states is also encouraging but the failed republican party is damaging us from within the House.
     So trying to be relevant about a subject that strays from my wheelhouse of politics is not as simple as I would have hoped. I sit here in my chair at my desk and often draw a blank about a subject that has my motivation stirred. So here I am trying to make relevant my inability to remember to post every day when it does occur. Which by the way has been more frequent lately than in the last 13 almost 14 years. Yes, January 31 will be 14 straight years of this for me with only a handful of missed, albeit made up for the next day, postings. I think I will set up another fail safe act for every day that gives me a reminder to check off so that I don't just rely on my memory.

No comments: