Tuesday, January 10, 2023

(#5091) Back to normalcy

 I opened my eyes this morning and looked at the ceiling where the time was projected. It was at that moment that I remembered I was back to having power in the house. We here in the house were without power for almost 2 days but when you have a disruption in your schedule like that it reveals some things. Like even though there was no power I found myself reaching for the light switch most every time I went into a room. It is just mechanical for me and stopping it was not easy. I did laugh at myself for my unconscious movements and tried to remind myself that we have no power in those switches right now.
     I also became aware of how hard it is to sit in the dark with little to do. I am someone who needs to be somewhat active. So doing things helps even if having to have a flashlight with me most of the time. Outside during the day time hours is normal but with the weather being so windy and rainy there were few things I could do other than necessary ones. So eventually I put one of my reclining chairs up against the big window to the front and just sat there looking out into view. One saving aspect here was that my gas supply for the water tanks and the furnace was not interrupted so plenty of hot water and heat for the home, the stove just needed a lighter to get the burners going.
     So getting showers was fine but of course needed to be done in the light of day that was coming through the bathroom window. Having my coffee early in the morning was really missed so that cup this morning was really appreciated. I just plugged in the electric skillet and fried up a couple of eggs and made a pancake. Just because I could. Here I am sitting at my keyboard typing this post whereas the last few days have been anxious for me because I knew I wouldn't be able to make a post for each day the power was out. I got through it after not succumbing to all the thoughts about how I could make a post by going mobile. Enough Carl, relax and let things happen without trying to control them. lol.

No comments: