Thursday, January 5, 2023

(#5086) I haven't watched the House vote for it's speaker

      On facebook I see that there is not a speaker elected yet after 7 votes and counting have been taken. Desperate kevin mccarthy is trying to get the job but he cannot get the required 218 to lead the House. All 212 democrats have voted for Hakeem Jeffries and the republicans with their current 121 votes are unable to get to 218 on anyone. The real problem here for republicans is that mccarthy will not stop trying to get the posting and each time he tries he keeps coming up short. 7 times now and who knows how many more times he will keep trying. He said in the beginning that he would keep forcing a vote with him as leader until the small cabal of opponents to him relent.
     That doesn't sound encouraging when after 7 votes he hasn't won. Yet again today they are voting with him on the ballot. I won't watch the shit show because for one I despise the insurrectionist republican party with every fiber of my being and secondly, the idea of watching a train wreck doesn't satisfy any need I have. So as I scroll the news feed on facebook I get the current state of affairs as many of my friends there are fascinated by the ineptitude that republicans are plainly willing to show the world. I am not a vindictive person so I again don't want to spend any time as entertainment watching the brazen idiocy coming from the republican party.
     I assume something will break eventually and at that time I will be satisfied to learn the results. All I know is that if republicans had not gerrymandered the hell out of federal districts the republican party would not now be the small majority in the House. So all of it in that chamber of Congress is a bit of a nightmare and that nightmare is showing itself in its inability to even begin the 118th Congress. I hope that those who voted for republican House members can see the effect of their vote as it is they who supplied us with a most inept republican party. Elections matter and republican voters deserve as much blame for this current fiasco as the republican members of the House!

No comments: