Saturday, October 14, 2023

(#5368) I will get some good rest today

     So yesterday morning, my first of 2 straight days off work I get all my chores done very early so that I can go get a flu and Covid shot at the medical facility. I was standing in line early and I get a call from my old boss at the transfer driver position. I left the part time transfer driving position so that I could start a full time job as a storage facility coordinator/housekeeper. So after 5 straight days of work I was going to get my vaccination shots and then head home and cook up a big breakfast. Well the call from my old boss changed that. He asked me if I would help them out and come in directly from the medical facility after my shots and drive the transfer van picking up and dropping off the other drivers as needed.
     As is my usual modus operandi I agreed and told him I would be in within an hour. After disconnecting I thought to myself why did you agree to that? I was already tired and was looking forward to relaxing all day to recharge my energies. To late now though so I focused on the fun I could have working with some of my previous colleagues. Well I wasn't disappointed and many of them had also been called in to handle an unusual for Friday sudden rush of work orders. I ended up working for 6 hours and it wasn't all too bad except maybe the vaccination shots were dragging me down a little bit but otherwise I did enjoy the experience.
     This morning I am much more tired than yesterday but I am not going to do anything but rest today and that should get me enough energy to make it through my next 5 day run. Here I am trying to cut back on hours after careful consideration of all the factors and all I do is work a week with 6 overtime hours. Which kind of typifies my plans when I make them. I should just make no plans and let the days be what they are. I will go to the store this morning to stock up on supplies and then it is off to my chair and if anyone calls for me to come in to do something other than sit in my chair today then the answer will be no. I like being a team player and helping where the need is but sometimes my needs supersede.

No comments: