Sunday, October 29, 2023

(#5383) Keep finding the good in the hard

      Life is hard. Duh! It is not easy for most all of us. There are some who have everything so life isn't so hard for them but for the rest of us who don't have much of anything we struggle with getting our motivation in place every day. Same with me and it is not easy having to conjure up my better outlook on a day that I would rather be doing something else. But today is my Monday even though it is Sunday. However the silver lining is that today will likely be less demanding as most people prefer to rest on Sunday instead of be out in the public square for work related activities.
     Yet the ease of today being lesser does not take away from the duties I have to perform in my job. I will of course do those duties and will likely entertain myself with tasks well done but still I will be tired and ready for my shift to be over when the time comes around. Then it is off to see my brother John in the hospice care home. Although this evening will be different as I am taking my dog Billy with me to see John. So I will get home later this day and pick Billy up and continue on to let him visit with John. It will be kind of fun to see John sparkle a bit with Billy there with him for a little while and that will bring a smile to both of our faces.
     I understand my need for working again full time and the freedom it allows me in my finances. It also keeps me healthier in the sense that I am busy moving about. Too often when I am not working I find that I don't stay as active and my health suffers from that. So embracing the hard of doing what I would not rather be doing is more an imperative once I apply all the factors to it. I don't let the emotional side of me decide what I will do as I have found over the years that my emotional side does not take into account factors that are just as important as my own. So my formula is simple, find the good and keep heading toward it.

No comments: