Sunday, October 22, 2023

(#5376) Understanding my metabolism

      As some may know I have gone back into the workforce as a necessity on a couple of fronts. For financial solvency with a physical benefit to boot. But what I haven't thought about until this morning was the need for me to slow down my exertions. I am not 20 years old anymore so working hard non stop is not conducive to me surviving for the next 3 to 4 years. I figure I can get myself into a financial position where after about 42 months I can taper back down to little or no outside work. I will be 72 years old by then and that is still young enough to enjoy my days in a somewhat healthy way.
     In order for me to achieve this goal I must learn to not rush my activities at work and for that matter at home when I am off work. I need to regulate my production to within a scope that accomplishes my personal goals while also keeping up with a normal production schedule. My main problem is that I am always trying to do more than what is actually needed. I suppose it has served me well throughout my younger life but I am no longer that person. As a now 68 year old I do feel the stress and strain of the years of hard work and at times hard play.
     So if I am to survive this quest I am putting myself on I need to adjust to my own reality. I am old not young so I don't have the luxury of overcoming injuries and other physical anomalies with quick rebounds. I must take extra care not to push the envelope of my production beyond what is doable in a safe and concerted effort. My competitive nature has been a true friend but I am not in competition with myself or anyone else now. I must keep to a methodical approach that moves along the expected assignments I am tasked with, without trying to set world land speed records in the process. My metabolism is my focus for now and regulating it is my priority. I will gauge myself today and see if I will help myself and the company achieve a happy medium.

No comments: