Monday, October 30, 2023

(#5384) My usual media outlets are silent lately on the Ukrainian battlefront

      It happens once in a while when the two media sites I follow are down for a day or two or even three but both have been down over a week at the same time. Surely it is likely just coincidence but I suspect not. Both have been ardent supporters of Ukraine and have risked much to get us the news each day as it occurs. But for both to be silent now for over a week is not welcome. I am hoping it is because they are playing it safe with information that may be getting to the opposing forces and that seems reasonable since they both offer insights that are otherwise not on the surface of regular thought.
     Or it could be that they have been threatened in such a way as to make them pause in their reporting. I am a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to the unusual when the usual is confrontational. I hope my darker take on this is wrong and that probably both reporters are sick or on leave at the same time. Hopefully in the next day or two one of them will get back to reporting about daily or weekly advances or retreats by either side. One thought I keep coming back to is that possibly the Ukrainian government has asked them to pause in their reporting so that an operation may more easily be hidden from view.
     Again, I let my mind run to places it may without knowing the truth of things. I suppose it is my way of filling in a blank that is not available so my mind does what it does to reconcile some logic. The rainy season is already upon Ukraine and begins in earnest over the next several days. So positioning of forces prior to the rain making mud everywhere is critical to defenses and advances in operations right now. Logic is only as good as its premises so not having all the premises makes my logic here less reliable or predictable. However the news blackout at the moment from two steadfast outlets is puzzling and begs for me to figure out why. Soon in the next few days or a week or more I will know why!

No comments: