Tuesday, October 17, 2023

(#5371) Triumph of the human spirit

      Whatever we do in life that heightens our achievements is often manifested in our emotion. With me it is the release of a feeling within me that is immersed in pure joy. These moments don't happen that often but when they do they are what makes us human. We are compassionate by nature so when that passion is combined with a sense of accomplishment it is a marvel to feel. Tears come to my eyes because deep down I know this is what it is like to be a human being. Not just to exist but to feel the depths of my inner joy through a circumstance or experience that exemplifies the better and best of who we are as a species.
     That is how I wish I could feel all the time. A beaming, all encompassing feeling that is threaded throughout my body. But like all things in this existence it doesn't last long and then I am back to my default position of just trying to survive as best I can. Those fleeting moments though are what make me keep going onward despite the uncertainty of ever feeling that triumph of the human spirit again. Nothing is guaranteed and I know this. There is no deserves that I have in a cupboard ready to pull out when I really need it. No, I have to keep working toward some scenario that allows me to accomplish or create something that has that feel good moment embedded as a result.
     I have figured out life per se. Do good things and feel the benefit of it. I don't need artificial additives or untrue accolades. I just need to be doing what I do best. Which is to think of others like I would hope they would think of me. If I don't get thought of that way back then that is not my control but my control is what I think and that will always be the key. I have never tried to run anyone else's life because I am not them so being in control of me is my only purpose. As a result the moments of pure joy occasionally are my reward. Living life to feel life should be all our goal. It is the only true value of existence that I have discovered. Nothing else compares!

No comments: