Sunday, October 27, 2019

Hope for the best but expect the worst (#3922)

     The first 30 days of the trump dis-administration I was reluctantly hopeful that he would turn from his campaign rhetoric and actually try to lead with all of us in mind yet there was not one day of those 30 that gave me hope that he would. I was anxious that he would not be a tyrant yet that is what he became from his very first day. Now after nearly 3 years of trump I have no inkling of an illusion that he is anything but what he presents himself as, a narcissistic pompous selfish hater who would rather kill people than offer them a helping hand.
     So much for hoping for the best. With trump there is no hope if you are a decent human being who lives life through respect and dignity. The only ones who find hope in him are the disillusioned and the dishonest. He gives them nothing but hope in realizing new ways to crush the life out of civilized behavior. So it is with no doubt at all that I just expect the worst from trump and try to mitigate it as much as possible. I haven't changed my outlook on life but I have had to change my actions. I give of myself more now than ever and despite the horror trump bestows on many of the vulnerable I still offer what hope I can to them.
     What little I have I try to share or at least do not get in the way of people just trying to survive with trump making life miserable for the downtrodden. I have empathy and I have been using it in force as a countermeasure to the condescension trump only provides. I am a friendly face who look upon people and smile with a hello. That has not changed and nothing trump does to us while he still can will change that. My anger at trump is deep and at this point irreversible yet my happiness will not be deterred because of him, instead my happiness is growing despite him.

No comments: