Thursday, October 17, 2019

Life is short so make yours count! (#3912)

     A very real hard lesson I have learned is that life is short and no amount of delusion will change that. It truly seems like yesterday I was just a young person growing up in a large confusing world. Now I am a man in his mid sixties and although I have memories galore, the time has flown past. Which is why I need to make this point about doing something with your life right now that will make your mark on not only our society but on your own memories of how you lived. We all hope to get old and live our life out in some less struggling comfort and when our physical and mental sharpness have dulled we may still have the great memories of our purposeful life.
     Make a stand for what you believe in and then defend that choice of yours with all you have. Be accountable to whatever makes your life worthy. I have my honor and principles to comfort me and that choice I made so long ago is still more comfort than any material thing. I fight for all of us not just myself or for things like greed or lust. I defend what is best about our species and never accept the worst. I am a hard man when it comes to fools and suffer them not a whit! Being human for me has always been about curiosity of all things and initial care for all beings unless any beings violate the "do no harm" axiom. Even the inanimate I care to protect like the soil, air, and water we have on our planet.
     Being like a superhero without any superpowers is good enough for me. Not only does it put me on the right side of what an enlightened modern human should be like but it leads by the example that no matter who you are or what you are capable of, doing the next correct thing is how we advance our species through time and space with confidence. That is how I live and it feels good to me, so find what makes you happy and causes no harm and you too will begin to be a value to our species and an example for all the children to emulate.

No comments: