Sunday, January 2, 2022

(#4718) The curious nature of not being curious

      I don't get it. I have been curious about everything most of my life so how can it be that some just don't care to know anything unless it is a survival mode moment? I wanted to write on this subject but have no clue as to how to define a human being with no natural instinct to learn. I keep coming back to psychology and broken behavior but that isn't it either. Just because someone has no emotional or broken emotional experience doesn't keep them from learning how to live in existence. It has to be something deeper in the soul that would allow someone to just give up on life and do nothing but rail at the sky and all under it with little to nothing of fact.
     I know that the sciences work because when I was young I began to apply, for instance, math and biology to my own personal problems and found that they were the solutions to my problems. So initially I was raised to accept logic and the sciences as fact and protect them as my foundation for learning. I have never once considered that they were not the foundation for understanding. Sure they are always being tweaked as to new knowledge but the base of learning has always been the sciences and their logical conclusions. All of that said, it is my curiosity that drives the motivation behind all my learning. So for me to not have that curiosity is to be incomplete and mostly irrelevant.
     Incomplete and mostly irrelevant, which is how I view anyone who doesn't show a modicum amount of curiosity in any pertinent way. But why do they not show that curiosity? How is it that a person can be alive in this existence, which is time sensitive and short to boot, and not be curious about everything around us? Are they so broken as humans that their minds are incapable of common curiosity? Or are they as stubborn as a mule who will not move another inch for no other reason than to just not move? Probably the latter since they eventually do move. I don't know and for that I am still curious as to why they are. I will have to live with not knowing for now and maybe somebody else can answer it for me.  later down the road.

No comments: