Sunday, January 30, 2022

(#4746) Keep deleting those spotify accounts

      We have the honor of our convictions to consider. Long ago I decided that I wouldn't be part of the machine that is tearing my democracy and my society apart. I shun those who are actively working to do this and I remove myself from those entities that do the same. I am not perfect at it but in general I am consistent. For instance, if an actor has come out and supported right wing idiocy I will not watch anything from that actor. If a restaurant donates to right wing causes that deny freedom to some then I will not consider them as an option for dining.
     There are only a few ways I can influence my love for democracy and for equality for all races and that is for me to deny to those my presence in their lives while also denying what few dollars I have from their misguided and harmful endeavors. I remove myself from their lives so that my life can be whole to my own ideals of fairness and justice. Some things are more important in life than being financially or culturally successful. Protecting our democracy and keeping the real nature of human beings intact for all human beings is one. I will not suffer being around those who wish to use me for their deviancy toward equality nor toward dismantling our democracy.
     So when Neil Young took a stand against spotify to remove his catalog of music from the platform because of right wing disinformation being spewed by a jackass on that same platform, I was happy about it. What Neil did was to stand on principle to remove himself from a deviant who he was being associated with. I am no member of a group of people that lie, steal, and cheat, for profit and now Neil has removed himself from that very same scenario. Other artists have joined him and hopefully many more will as well. There is only one way to stop a disease in our society and that is for all of us to condemn and remove ourselves from it's infection. Long live intelligent life and thank you Neil Young.

No comments: