Sunday, January 9, 2022

(#4725) My favorite distraction

      I used to be a sports guy who couldn't wait for daylight so that I could go outside to some baseball/football field or basketball court in order to get my juices pumping and work on my skills. But that wasn't the only way I could change up my world as a distraction. As time went by the sports part of my life diminished because of aging. But when I was young I had another distraction that has not faltered over the years to any aging or time weariness. The sensation of an organized, mostly lol, noise called music. Now my favorite organized noise is rock music. Those of us of an age know of all the great rock bands from the early 60's to even now although not as nearly many now.
     The beauty of music regardless of the genre is that we have most all of the classics on recording. So digging deep into the archives we find 1000's of songs that bring such memories that we are taken back to a time that brings a smile to our faces and an invigoration to our souls. The remembrance of times past, evoked by songs that shook us to the core, is a by product of our love for particular songs. I listen to some classic song and back I go to a place where the first hearings had me utterly. My whole life's philosophy is shaped by the lyrics of songs along with a vast wealth of historic philosophical teachings. There is no doubt that the generation I grew up in could have been one of the greatest in the history of human time had we all not lost ourselves to the core of our musical beginnings.
     I look at my baby boomer generation and ask myself what the fuck happened to the many of us? We were a marvel at being part of the most insightful and imaginative music generation that helped direct us toward a new way of life. Yet time and space must have worn us down because not only did we not change the failures within our societies we began to help increase them. Not only am I disappointed in my generation on whole but I am in myself as well for not doing enough to keep us on a correcting path. Our music never let us down, we let our music down. We failed as adults to take the beauty and magnificence our music defined for us to a practical conclusion. I still go back and listen to our music so as not to let myself fail again and to keep up the good fight our music still inspires!

No comments: