Tuesday, May 17, 2022

(#4853) Quit normalizing republicans dammit!

      I am sick and tired of the cable news shows previewing republicans like they are a viable ruling party under democratic values. They are not. They are all about maintaining power so as to dictate terms to us about how we should live. That is not how democracy works. Democracy is the people being represented by public officials who follow the will of the people not the people following the will of the public officials. As this election season is building momentum toward election day on November 8th, the cable news shows are acting like the republican party just didn't attempt a failed coup of our democracy.
     Like all is forgiven so as to make some contest that is close out of the most traitorous political party since the Civil War. The cable news shows are trying to sell advertising and they know that a lopsided victory by democrats will hurt their bottom line. And if all of us don't know already it is profit that makes for what is the truth nowadays. Especially with punditry and cable news executives funneling the narrative to fit their profit margins. One of these days I will be able to turn on the television and see a newscast that doesn't pull any punches and calls out the traitors that inhabit our political processes. I fear that day is far off so in the meantime I have to cull through their coverages to find real news that is far and few between.
     There are some cable news shows that are absolutely ridiculous so I never waste my time on them but my favorite cable news shows are being infected with that nefarious narrative of all is fair play in our politics. Which is the opposite of the truth. What we are doing with education and reality in the United States of America is going to hurt us badly for at least 3 generations. I am at the end of my last generational era and for that the silver lining is that I won't be here when our little democratic experiment finds itself without enough defenders to protect it because we are not teaching the values it takes to defend it. Prove me wrong and I will happily admit that I misjudged our fate, yet unfortunately, the odds are well in my favor of being correct.

No comments: