Saturday, May 28, 2022

(#4864) I have been more tired but I can't remember when

      Both mentally and physically, I am worn out. Yet I can't stop either form of persistence. I had really hoped for some well deserved rest in 2016 if we would have elected Hillary Clinton to the presidency and the Supreme Court would have been much different. So would not having trump in office destroying our democracy for his buddy putin. but no, we didn't elect Hillary, which was a real gut punch the night of the election for me and undoubtedly 10's of millions of other folks, So as tired as I was back then I was even more worried that without resistance, trump would be free to kill our democracy and destroy the lives of we who opposed him. I even considered leaving the States for Canada.
     But a consideration is just that. I figured out that staying here and fighting for our democracy was the correct course even if my fellow US Americans were fighting against me. At least living in California where we progressive/liberals have a strong presence made life more bearable. But still I was spent from the President Obama years fighting to get us to a more perfect union. But I and many of my fellow democratic believers endured and we swept the midterms in 2018 which brought us out of a real danger zone with trumps. Still though the fight was consistent and just as difficult going forward into 2020.
     But we democrats triumphed again and brought about real change albeit incomplete change given manchin/sinema. So the midterms for 2022 are as crucial now as the general election in 2020. We must win more senate seats and hold onto a comfortable house majority margin. All of this requires all our efforts. Which is what must be done despite the depth of our bone weary tiredness. On top of all that I am remodeling this old house I have and the work is taking a toll on me from that paradigm. Plus the daily and weekly chores never go away. I am not getting younger I am getting older and the amount of all of this I continue to endure will eventually knock me on my butt. Yet not until we get what we need in the midterms that are less than 165 days from today.

No comments: