Wednesday, May 18, 2022

(#4854) Upgrading my house, like what we need to do to Ukraine when we finish putin

      There has been a lot of upgrading going on with my house and I would have posted about it before this but I have been busy doing all the little things that need to be done around all the big things being done. My roofer is just about finished putting down, on my flat roof, a white rubber membrane roofing material that should solve all the leaks I have had in the past few years with the traditional tar roofing material. Tearing off all the old tar and replacing it with the new substance, EPDM – Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer, has been a chore but when I look at it from the top of the roof it looks amazing.
     This was the cheaper option, although not cheap, than what I would have preferred, new stick framing or truss roof with an easy 4/12 hip or gable roof. Where the old swamp cooler was in the roof over the hallway is now the new home of a 2'x2' skylight that gives the hallway a brightened look. Work in my bathroom and out in the front carport and back patio area is also ongoing and/or complete. It seems that once I got the ball rolling on the roof replacement material all the other needed to be done projects fell into place. So as I have been busy with all the things going on I have also been feeling grateful that I can do all of this without a war going on and missiles dropping out of the sky onto me.
     So until putin and his horde are thrown out or buried under Ukrainian soil the work to rebuild Ukraine will have to wait for the most part. Not only do they need to repair their country, but they need to just bulldoze it over where needed and start afresh. The inanimate objects that were destroyed or damaged badly will be easier to remake or redo than the animate scars of the illegal invasion by putin and his thugs. Yet life is what it is and the only way to get through it is to stop the madness and then reestablish normalcy. Much like my house, the damage of the years are being addressed and so shall the damage of brutality be addressed in Ukraine.

No comments: