Saturday, June 23, 2018

We should help, not harm (#3431)

     Someone asked, can't we all get along? Sure we can but we must stop harming each other first. Just stop! Then we can all start to get along. This isn't rocket science here, it is how we treat each other in a civilized society. We all know how to do that but too many of us are not willing to be civil and respectful. I will at minimum listen to what others have to say about issues that are important but when what they are saying is harmful then I stop them from going on further with me. I won't accept harm when help is just as easy or as hard to achieve. So although I want to get along with everyone, their ideas or beliefs often are enough to get in the way of that because of the harm they represent.
     I know otherwise really good people who are so involved in doing harm and they don't even recognize it. So it is hard for me to let them go out of my life but it is what must be done when all I have tried to open their eyes to their own harmful actions is rebutted and ignored. So those I do get along with are ones who have recognized as I have that no harm is good and only help is the solution. How we treat each other fairly is dependent upon how we think and then act, and if harming others is what they are doing then they get no get nothing but the back of me. So although the goal is to get along with everyone the practical matter is that some do not want to stop harming.
     What we accept into our lives is what we represent out to others. I will not be a party to those who are not helpful when they can be. I am not a party to those who choose to do harm because they think the harm is good. Never is harm good. Never. Even in sentencing of criminal behavior it is required to deter harm at will but that is not a good thing it is a necessary evil thing. So those who would wonder why we can't all get along look no further to how we treat each other to find your answer. Figuring out what harm and help is shouldn't be too difficult even for us Americans who are so above learning new things. Our arrogance at times hinders us but if it really matters to us then we will learn to know the difference between harm and help and then be one less human who is making it difficult for all of us to get along.

No comments: