Thursday, June 25, 2020

131 days until the election (#4163)

     Well I woke up in a piss poor mood this morning and although you wouldn't know it by looking at me I am still seething inside from not just one thing but many. The trumps have gotten under my skin such that anyone who is family or not is getting an eyeful when they cross the boundaries of normalcy. I am not talking about disagreements on things that can have differences, I am talking about facts that are ignored so that fantasy can become fact. I am just fucking tired of the stupidity of it all. I am no genius by any stretch of the imagination but I can at least apply logic as a tool to understand truth from fiction. Not so with too many who cross my path.
     I have spent a lifetime trying to isolate myself from the stupid but it seems that there is no place on Earth where the stupid doesn't reside. Being stupid is a choice. I know because when I was lazy and wanted to be intelligent I used to use shortcuts to make myself appear smarter than I was. Using other people's arguments as if they were my own. Only accepting evidence, shaky or not, that fit my opinion. Pretending to understand things just so I could get by in order to gain some advantage. Yes, I used to be a lazy asshole who felt that I was too important to have to do the hard work of learning myself enough facts to make my own conclusions.
     So when I run into someone who I used to be like I can spot them a mile away. Instead of me embarrassing myself with phony arguments and illogical reasoning, I got to work to improve my mind with learning knowledge the old fashioned way, by not cheating. I forced myself to spend the time reading the reasoning and analysis before coming to a conclusion. Even then I was careful to word my responses with care and understanding. It isn't enough to be a hard cold fact producer it is also important to know the human effect facts have on us. A bedside manner if you will although I will still kick ass when it is appropriate! At least I am part of the knowledgeable community now and not some interloper who seeks recognition that is not deserved.

No comments: