Wednesday, June 17, 2020

139 days until the election (#4155)

     A true test of wills. Who will blink first in the trump versus the rest of us battle? I know that at times it is truly difficult to keep a strong combative stance against the relentless trump onslaught but if we don't we will find that he will sneak in again and for many of us that is just not to be allowed. So when those less than vigilant times hit us we must dismiss them and regain our focus. The days left for trump are dwindling so the end of his appointed presidency is coming and that in itself is a small signal for us to remember. I say all this because as I sat here this morning trying to get my mind engaged in the fight to win back our democracy I found that I was really mentally tired and was allowing my mind to drift and wander.
     But I thought about how we would not be as prepared as we need to be over these last 139 days and it ht me between the eyes that all those other days behind us from when he was first installed were much much longer ago so being tired now is correct but not an excuse. Feeling the weariness is natural but giving in to the weakness of it is not a virtue but instead a detriment. There is nothing in this world more important to me other than the lives of those who depend on me than making sure there is not a repeat of 2016. I remember how hopeful I was going into that election night on November 8th and how our world would be improving exponentially with our first woman as president.
     But that is not what happened and the crushing feeling I had on November 8th, 2016 was beyond devastating to me, and surely for many others as well. Since then I had hoped trump would change his pre-election night stances but that hope was quickly dashed. So instead of wallowing in the omnipresent despair, I got busy in opposing this appointed president and watched that opposition from I and millions of others turn into victories in the state elections in 2017, victories in the mid term elections in 2018, and now as the opposition to trump has ever increased to what is shaping up to be a landslide victory over trump come November 3rd. Moments of tiredness are to me now just reminders that I am about to turn that tiredness into something truly wonderful.

No comments: