Wednesday, June 3, 2020

153 days until the election (#4141)

     I stayed off of facebook yesterday in solidarity with a blackout day to show fucerberg that we will not be sheep in his corral. There are clear opponents for us to acknowledge and he is one of them. I hate that I give his platform my attention but as I found out yesterday it wasn't easy staying off my page where so many like minded souls are gathered. Until there is an alternative to facebook that is legitimate I am stuck with this for now and although I am back today I will eave again for the next installment of protest against him. Hopefully his pocketbook took a hit yesterday from his advertisers.
     What I wasn't able to do yesterday was continue posting about the idiocy and cruelty of trumps as well as the election results from a big democratic primary day yesterday. I will catch up on my page today and see how our blue wave is doing in the face of curfews, republican voting obstructions, and the pandemic. Yet I have little doubt that our blue wave electorate is as determined as I am to vote and remove the cancerous pustule from our White House. I will also be posting about the current affairs of our protesting George Floyd's murder and those who are directly responsible for it. The anger that our populace feels now is that the other 3 officers who were involved have not been charged with their criminal actions yet.
     But even further is the change needed to stop law enforcement from having a free pass when it comes to violating human rights. The time is now to pass legislation that is significant in, albeit, protecting law enforcement but also holding them accountable. What we have now is the protecting part without the accountability part. It will be difficult to get meaningful criminal justice reform past the republican party but if are ever going to do it we must try now. A busy day today catching up with all that matters in our society and even outside our society as we are still part of the bigger picture human race. Our planet needs our attention and this Covid-19 virus needs to be mastered.

No comments: